Monday, February 16, 2009

The Dog & Cat Cafe

So for Valentines Day Shane brought me to The Dog & Cat Cafe in Downtown Gwangju. I have never seen such a bunch of ugly animals in my life, but at the same time they were really cute and loved to lie all over you and chew the buttons off your coat when you weren't looking.
Shane described the place as animal hell. It was pretty hilarious. They were all taken care of but had to wear ridiculous little animal clothing daily. I felt kinda sorry for them. Anyways, we sat at a sweet window seat overlooking the street, drank hazelnut coffee and played with the little feckers till I only had one button on my coat left. Here are some pictures of the "uglies":


[This is the official button eater]


[I'm pretty sure this little boy is having a gender crisis]

[The cats just lay around in their stylish outfits]

[These two pups were having a disagreement]


[The fox pup, he was my fave, I want to steal him]


[Even the kittens are pimped out in highstreet fashion]

[The big bear dog was behind bars, he was too big to be lying on customers]

[He was nay impressed]

[This old dog loved Shane & would growl if any other dog came near him]

[This dog is the stoner of the bunch]

[The lanky dog]

[She owned the Cafe]

[This one didn't move much, he hid under his hat]

[I'm pretty sure she had A.D.D]

Later that day, I forced Shane to watch a terrible chick flick at the cinema, which is always entertaining. There are Korean subtitles on the American movies and the Koreans laugh at random times when nothing funny is said. The cinema is an experience and a half.
After that we got some 'Outback Steakhouse' which just isn't the same as America, my stomach was nay impressed with the random switch to heavy Western food.... naaaay impressed!!!
I'm not a huge Valentines Day fan, but it was a good start to the weekend! The weekends go by too fast here... back to work :(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that place looks hilarious!
so it's a coffee shop with dogs and cats just leggin it around the place?
do any of them every try to make mad breaks for freedom when people are comin in and out?

anyway looks brilliant
the fox one looks like lizzys old dog ( the appropriately named 'foxy')
but his only had 3 legs - aw!
these ones look like they have all 4 legs and even wear make-up - they're so civilised!

Triona said...

Hi Lisa,

How wierd are those Koreans????? Your hair looks fine, don't know what you're talking about!! Mam x

Anonymous said...

my god u should have stuck one in your bag. that afghan hound must be wortha bob or two!

Adele White said...

the movie thing. brilliant.

Anonymous said...

what movie? i just saw "hes just not that into you" last night. good advice for my life. haha
-em

LISA said...

Yup that's the one!!! haha!
I made Shane go see that movie.
He was nay impressed! haha!

Áine said...

my favourite is the dog with the blusher on!very classy!sometimes when i think about this dog i just burst out laughin!

LISA said...

The next time I go, I PROMISE to get a million pictures of him, just for you Bez!! xxx