Thursday, February 12, 2009

Konglish

I seriously think my English speaking is deteriorating being here. I talk so much Konglish daily, trying to explain where I want to go or what I want, half in English, half in broken-Korean. I have definitely noticed myself falling over my words, mumbling in-coherently or using excessive body/sign language during normal conversations to native English speakers. Save me from my Korean madness. Even though I have my 'I hate Korea' days now and then, I really feel like I've accepted Korean life, not that I plan on staying here any longer than I have to, but it does have it's perks. One of them is NOT the exchange rate, the Americans think they get skrewed... I get completely fecked on the change over to Euro!!! Better just save my Korean Won so and change it over to some sweet currency that has an equal or better rate of exchange like ummm..... the Australian Dollar? That means that maybe I'd have to go there on my NEXT adventure right? Sounds like a good plan to me!!

So all my Elementary Classes had their final speaking and writing tests last week for the Winter semester. One of the Korean teachers managed to grab a few photos of me & them in action. haha!


[This is me interviewing one of my students James for this speaking test]


[I'm known as 'Lisa Teacher' round these parts :)]

[This is one of my classes doing their written test, these are some of my fave kids, the girl looking at the camera is Kate!]


[Interviewing Rachel, she's a great little artist, she always draws pictures on her essays and writes little notes saying 'Love you Lisa Teacher']

[Tiffany, Nikki & Lisa Teachers]

I'm seriously considering going back to basics and dying my hair back brown while I'm in Asia, I have admitted defeat by Asian highlights. At the rate they keep bleaching me, my hair shall fall out. They do a sketchy job!

6 comments:

Triona said...

Aahhh those little kids look so young Lisa, they should be at home playing with their pals!!!:(

Like the pink tee-shirt - looks familiar!!!!! Mam xx

Unknown said...

What's the word for Potato?

xoxo
Shauna

LISA said...

I know, the kids have way too much school, I feel bad for them.

The word for Potato is "Lisa".
Gonna miss you so much this Summer Na-Na xo

Betsy said...

Love you Lisa teacher = asskisser

OF COURSE you like her.

Ha.

Anonymous said...

hahaha they are sooo cute!!!! if u are going to austrailia you have an appointment with me in the uk for those 40 gargles!
got you some tayto cheese and onion at the weekend, i feel the parcel is now complete so will post this week and you should get it in like august or something right? xx

LISA said...

Awww Louise. December if I'm lucky! haha!
OF COURSE... we are defo still on for the 40 gargles. Save up your pennies now! xxxxxxx