Friday, December 5, 2008

The Asian Rice Arse

So since coming to South Korea, and in only 2 weeks I have found out alot about the Culture, Food and People. Most info I've received is pretty random and always hilarious. One thing that one of my coworkers and friend Tiffany pointed out yesterday is that Koreans or alot of Asian people in general don't really have asses, which is referred to as the "Rice Butt/Ass". So yesterday I went shopping with Tiffany and she pointed out this AWESOME underwear for ladies. They contain PADS in the arse of the underwear to make you look like your packing something back there!! Sooo Funny!
I was very tempted to buy a pair and give myself a Ghetto Booty. I think I know what everyone will be sent for their birthdays next year! lol.

[Arse Pad Undies, from the genius Koreans!]

Korea is also pretty fashion conscious and I've defo found some hot shoes, cheap cheap cheap nice clothes and also some interesting outfits too. Because they don't really have any arses and most are stick thin, alot of the girls wear micro-mini skirts. Here's a few outfits.... you reckon I'd get away with wearing these back home?


When we were shopping, Tiffany also brought me to this crazy little Pizza stall where they put your slice in a cup. hmm... random. This lady is laughing because I was telling her to "smile for the picture".

Also today I went with my co-workers of Avalon School. Yeah that's me... I teach Elementary and Middle school kids at Avalon English Academy and they call me "Lisa Teacher".

So yeah, we went for this really nice Shabu-Shabu meal, it's meat and greens that you cook yourself in a huge pot of spicy broth, then once you've finished the meat n greens, you put in noodles to cook, and when they are gone, the nice ladies make you fried rice out of the broth left over. It's my fave meal here so far.
Afterward, one of the girls Kelly took me to a tailors to fix my coat. It was ripped at the seam and this guy fixed it on the spot for 2 bucks. Now that's service!!!

The tailors son was also running around inside
one of their industrial sized washing machines.
Nothing surprises me anymore! I may eat these words!!!







This weekend is Gwangju's Film Festival so I think we're gonna go check that out. We wanted to go hiking but the weathers pretty crap and cold now.
Although today...... IT'S SNOWING!!!!

3 comments:

Triona said...

Very funny Lisa Teacher!!! Don't think I need the underwear??? Mamxx

Anonymous said...

That underwear is something else Lisa Teacher. Sounds like you're having fun though which is good. Getting used to the food yet?
Sara

Eat Local or Bust said...

i need that underwear stat. obviously.