Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Intensives are the Devil

I have been slacking on the blog lately (as alot of you have pointed out, I know, I'm sorry) so I thought I would write you two blog posts (Lucky You!).

So Intensives has started in our schools, it's when the kids have vacation for the holidays. So instead of letting them play and "waste away their youth", their parents send them to EXTRA English classes with us, which makes our lives a living hell for a month. We have to teach extra hours, even though we are paid the extra wages... I'd rather Vito intensives and have a beer.
(I promise pics of the school soon!)

Soooo as I'm talking about the schools, both Shane's school 'Readingtown' and my school 'Avalon', who are brother/sister private English Academies (or Hagwons) held a Christmas party for us on Saturday night which was hilarious. We went to a hotel, had a giant feast which had about 30 different dishes or more to choose from, drank a ton of wine and then the teachers performed a talent show... I didn't prepare anything in time (They probably wouldn't have been able to handle a performance from me, I pretty sure I would have blown them away, full of raw talent is me!) Anyways here's a few pics from the night:


[Yup that's Shane dancing on stage!]

[Some of my co-workers - Simon, Daniel & Nikki]


Also while on the topic of school... when the Korean kids arrive, we give them an English name, cause not only can we not pronounce their Korean names, i'm never gonna remember them. Usually they choose a name from a list but some of them just choose their own from God knows where!!! Shane and myself have come across kids with the names Bono, Elvis, Cyclone, Brain (yes..not Brian... Brain), Silly, Bin, Rambo and there are several kids called Shark. Ehh I dunno. No Comment!! I wish I had a cool English name. haha!

Our group of peeps that work & play together went out for a nice Galbi Meal last weekend, I think I may have already explained but here's some pics of the feast. Pork ribs, that you cook at your table on a grill and a ton of side dishes, it's gooooooood. Shane loves it cause it's a meat feast, he's such a Texan Carnivore.

[Galbi Feast - Check out all the side dishes]




[I loves me some Galbi Goodness!]


A few weeks ago I bumped into three Irish girls from Mayo & Galway in this German Bar we go to. They are a good laugh, it's great chatting to people who understand all my slang and I don't have to explain what i'm saying. Shane likes to laugh at half the things I say. He's just mean! haha! I bumped into them again after our work Christmas party. Gonna head out with them soon on the lash so we can drink and talk about how we miss roast dinners and dirty fry ups.


[Edel, Claire & Charlene]


[It's snowing again - Here's Proof from the Cat Castle]

1 comment:

Juca said...

Ha ha Lisa, this is hilarious!! I was lmao while reading it.. I actually like those names... I'm just surprised no one is called Pussycat, or Jacko... or should it be Chuck?? :)
Happy New Year again and hope to talk to you soon :)

xo Judy