Monday, March 9, 2009

Cheerleading Ninjas

So before I explain the title of this post, I have to give you the rundown of this weekend!

Firstly Shane headed on a boys camping weekend with Justin, brokeback mountain style. It was a great "ME" weekend. I was in need of some 'Me' time. I love hanging out with Shane but it's definitely difficult to have your own time and space when you live with someone in a two bed open plan apartment. Were working on it though! So I needed some fast greasy food, so I called up Jesse, who I knew wouldn't say no to an unhealthy lunch. A few burgers and laughs later I headed for a cycle (the weather was beautiful this weekend), then watched a chick flick and got some writing done. Later everyone came over to JoEun Villa 101, that's my place, had a few drinks, went downtown for some Galbi (grilled pork, goooood!) and then headed to a German bar, Songs. I got to hang out with the three Irish girls, Claire, Charlene and Edel.









AND for the Saturday night finale all the girls plus Jesse headed to 'Club Vanilla'. You pay a tener in and it's all the beer you can drink! It's FULL to the brim with stylish Koreans, who stand around the dancefloor until a song they know comes on, then they don't freestyle dance like normal club goers, they all have certain routines to certain songs. It's hilarious! We just danced our faces off 'till 5am. There was a dance competition at about 3am where guys breakdanced etc... and then one Korean girl (i'm pretty sure the Club pays her) stripped off.
Completely. Knickers 'n' all. On stage! It was very akward! Hilarious but akward. The music stopped and she ran off stage. Very random!!!

So, on Sunday... after a long morning of recovery, Shane returned from his beach camping trip, cold and sandy. A load of us headed to the Gwangju World Cup Stadium to see the free!!, first football (Soccer for you Americans) match of the season. Gwangju versus Daejeon. Gwangju kicked their arses, of course. It was a gorgeous day, we had some beer (The cure!) and
strawberries and sat in the sunny stadium stands with a great view of the game!







Sooooo... I should have known that instead of the usual cheerleaders, we are in Asia after all, they had CHEERLEADING NINJAS! Brilliant!!!

Here's a video I took of the Cheerleading Ninjas BRINGING SEXY BACK!!! (Warning it's loud!)

No comments: