Friday, November 28, 2008

Korean Beefcakes

So today Shane & I joined a local Korean Gym called Hankook Gym. Well more like a "bodybuilder gym". One of the guys working there recognised Shane from the last time he was in checking it out and calls Shane Mr. Texas! The other guy that works there HAS to be on steroids, actually alot of the guys that work out there must be. So we checked it out, it's crazy cheap, like 145dollars for 6 months, so we joined and then Shane headed to work. I decided to go back later to workout and it was a whole new experience!! haha!!!


[The sign for Hankook Gym & obviously the reason for joining! lol]


Firstly the treadmills have a constant incline on them so I was pretty much running up hill for 20 mins. There were a bunch of teenage boys there that kept staring at me and smiling, I'm sure it had to be the running & the bouncing boobs. Asian women aren't really packing anything up top. Kinda like skittles on an ironing board! Anyways... also the Korean ladies were pretty covered up working out, maybe cause they are supposed to not sweat?!, I dunno but I on the other hand was wearing a pair of sweat pants and a tank top... The ladies were nay impressed of my attire! But the bodybuilders were real nice and kept saying hello to me.

This one ripped man was asking me where I was from and how old I was in broken English, he told me he was very impressed with my training routine. Well... he would be compared to the rest of the females, as they spent their time on those stupid oldskool muscle loosening machines. You know... the ones with the vibrating band that you put around your arse or legs. Hilarious!!! Anyways so this guy who looks about 50 but says he is actually 65 is bench pressing more than any of the other beefcake Koreans. Poor Shane is gonna have his work cut out for him when we go back on Monday morning! lol

So when I was finished I got my stuff and headed for the loo on my way out, only to find out they are squatting toilets, which I passed on! I've heard they exist but this was my first encounter!
I think I'm settling in a bit now, bring it on Korea!! Can't wait to start working on Monday and tomorrow were are having a Thanksgiving Potluck with a few friends. Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans...... eh...... for yesterday!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boobs? I thought you just had really big pecs you beefcake! Happy Thanksgiving to Shane Wayne. Hope y'all keep on keepin' on. I'll comment next from New Zealand!

Anonymous said...

So......how was your first day then?

Anonymous said...

LOL, all those chicks wishing they had you body...and all those guy wish they were in your body...LOL

LISA said...

Trust you to leave that comment!! haha!!! Miss You Heather aka Miss H-Bomb! xoxo