Monday, November 24, 2008

Krazy Korea

So i made it & this is my first official blog-post from Gwangju, South Korea. Right now I think i have the flu, so i'm writing to you & drinking my Lemsip Cold & Flu drink (Thanks Mam!x). Right now i'm not a huge Korea fan, i kind of underestimated the culture shock, although i'm sure it'll grow on me. It's sweet to hang out with Shane again, he's in great form, has settled in really well & has already found a new mate called Jessie to act like a jackass with... typical..haha! The Apartment is pretty sweet. 2 rooms, plus a little bathroom & separate section for the little kitchen/laundry room. It's cute. I like it! I'll post a video of it soon.

Downtown Gwangju

The food aint half bad, lots of meat & greens, very spicy. It already gave me "the runs"... urgh! The people we are working with are awesome, we've already been out for Dinner & Soju Cocktails (which can be lethal, as you can't even taste the Soju, mmm!) I'm starting to perfect my chopstick skills... ok that's a lie. I'm shite with a pair of wooden sticks. Give me a feckin' fork already!Soju Cocktails & chopstick drinking games.

The Korean people are generally nice, they like to stop you in the street & try talk to you, and the kids stare at you which is hilarious. Some little 10 year old kid in a leopard print coat sold me beer in a store yesterday. The Koreans really like their "active walking gear" and they also like to dress their poor dogs up in "gear too".


"Gear" wearing Korean Lady picking up her "gear" wearing dogs Poo. Good for her!


Went to The Park with Shane & his friend Matt yesterday. Well it's not a park like we know it, there was not an inch of grass, more of a cement park if you will... ?? The boys climbed a huge unguarded climbing wall & i wrote down my thoughts & read my Russell Brand Memoir while being chatted up by old Korean people who seem to think if i'm white... i MUST be American. It came as quite a shock that alas... I am Irish. Yay for me! I think they liked me more... no offence America!! .....Obama Fo Yo Mama!! :)


Climbing Tower @ The "Cement Park"



No seriously... I'm in South Korea. See! :p

This is me. Wishing you were here!

I miss you all ALOT. Culture Shock is a bitch. Thank God for scrambled eggs. Love you All.x





12 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm starting to perfect my chopstick skills... ok that's a lie. I'm shite with a pair of wooden sticks. Give me a feckin' fork already!

I totally feel that way! I am SOOO a fork gal....

Áine said...

Your not in Korea! your in ballymun - look, theres the flats there behind ya!

Áine said...

how did this thing know my name is Áine - i never put my name in it!!

Betsy said...

Because you are signed into google...... or at least that's my guess.

Triona said...

Pictures look great Lisa, can't wait to see the video of the apartment !! Loved mad Aine's comments x mam

trish mcdermott said...

think I left message on wrong spot! Liked the comment about ballymun as for those bleeding chopsticks hate them!fedex you my latest designer cutlery! Trishxx

Anonymous said...

I agree - it does look awfully like the towers in Ballymun! Glad to see the "culture shock" didn't stop you from noticing a lady picking up Poo - oh the excitement of it all! You could see that in Ballymun too I'm sure - but who know's if it'd be a dogs!

I also notice there is 2 Poo references in this blog - is this going to be a "running theme" - ha?
Excuse the pun! :)

K so feel better!
Looking forward to the next installment! Tell Shane hello!

love you forever
xxx

Anonymous said...

aw i miss you guys

LISA said...

Thank you all sooo much for the comments! LOVE them!! I'm working on the apartment video... Love you all xox

P.s.. Shane says Hey!!!

Anonymous said...

hi lisa, i tried to comment u afew times but nothing is working.... keep the pics coming, its great to be able to see wat ur getin up to!!!

ur not misses anything in ireland....

miss you loads, love you forever! shaner xxx

Triona said...

Ha Ha ! Just saw the serviettes on the stolen table - very posh - toilet roll?????????

LISA said...

The toilet roll is actually for my runny nose. But thanks for noticing!haha! xo