Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Korean Music Scene

The Korean music scene is crazy, they use alot of western music, take out the English singing and add their own Korean words. A song will start playing in a shop or club and i'll get excited cause I'll think I know the song and then some Korean will start singing..... it's hilarious!
There are, of course some Korean pop icons that all the kids love. Two bands in particular, Big Bang and Wonder Girls. This post is especially for Aine, you'd be a big fan of Wondergirls. haha!

[Wonder Girls]

[Big Bang - pretty much a bunch of absolute tools, Backstreet boys eat your hearts out]

Also, in dance clubs, all the Koreans don't really just dance like we do, they have dance routines to most of the songs. They can't just 'bust a move', they must be in sequence. It's brilliant to watch!!! haha!

I can't get this song out of my head. I hear it EVERYWHERE... Koreans go CRAZY for it.

Check out 'Nobody' by Wonder Girls:

(don't forget to come back and leave me some lovely comments though! lol)

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=pOTfZxgGXa4

4 comments:

Áine said...

aaah! love it especially the rap at the end!!! here it goes again knowin me bloody name!!!

Anonymous said...

the 2 on the left in big bang look very close - pop love - it's a beautiful thing!

LISA said...

Ainesy you have a blogger account with google apparently, that's how it knows your name! Go to my comments, click on your name and see for yourself. Apparently it sayd your fave movie is 'Tremors 3' yeah?? haha!

Kate - They are nooo Backstreet Boys, I'm sorry I compared em!!!

Áine said...

ok i joined the blog followers yesterday but they knew my name before then!!and whats wrong with tremors?? holy tamoly!